Savory Chicken & Veggies in Coconut Broth
Sep 23, 2017
This is a more lengthy & complex recipe. Still super easy to make but does require a bit of time. It took me approximately 45 minutes to make. This is a great recipe to make for guests, a special occasion, or when you have time to prep a bulk batch of this for meals for the week! Enjoy!
Click Play to watch how I make it [VIDEO]
- CHICKEN (I suggest you get Organic Free Range Chicken if you do eat animal meat. I order and get all of my meat delivered from an amazing company that sources the highest quality chicken from small family farms who take pride in their animal's health, safety, and humane treatment to provide you with the highest nutritional value and health benefits. This chicken is NEVER treated with hormones or antibiotics.
- 1/2 onion
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece ginger
- Any red chile or pepper you like
- Handful cilantro
- 1.5 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- Garam Masala to taste (about 1tbsp)
- Cumin to taste (about 1 tsp)
- Coriander to taste (about 1tsp)
- Olive Oil 2-3 tbsp
- Coconut Oil
- Zucchini (I used 1)
- Half Onion
- Bell Pepper (I used 1)
- Broccoli (I used 3/4 cup)
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Roasted Tomatoes (canned)
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Blend first 10 ingredients in a bullet blender.
- Marinate chicken with HALF of blended mixture. Let marinate for 1-8 hours if possible. (Still good if cooked right away!)
- Sear both sides of chicken on high heat in a bit of oil (I like coconut because of it's high smoke point)
- Spray pan (Optional: on parchment paper) and place chicken on pan. Bake in oven for about 20-30 min at 350 degrees F.
- Sautee Veggies to desired softness (zucchini, onions, bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms)
- Add coconut milk to the rest of marinade in blender & Blend.
- Add sauce to veggies in pan.
- Add about 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- Season with tumeric and salt to taste
- Optional: thin the sauce with low sodium chicken broth to your desired consistency.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, or just the chicken and veggies alone.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.